- Loading stock data...
- Smoke by the Water: BBQ competition heats up Jacksonville riverfrontby Zachery Lashway on April 10, 2021 at 5:42 pm
The River City smelled like the city of barbecue on Saturday as sizzlin’ smoke filled the air in Downtown Jacksonville.
- Fair housing symposium emphasizes ‘Equal Opportunity for All’by Brittany Muller on April 10, 2021 at 5:09 pm
The Jacksonville Human Rights Commission hosted its annual Fair Housing Symposium on Saturday.
- Publix adds vaccine scheduling opportunity on Mondayby Staff on April 10, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Publix posted an update on its website, saying that because not all appointments were filled, most counties would also have an opportunity for scheduling on Monday, April 12, starting at 7 a.m.
- NASA's Mars Helicopter Ingenuity's historic flight delayed
NASA's Ingenuity Mars helicopter is scheduled to lift off no sooner than April 14 in the first-ever attempt at powered, controlled flight on another planet, a delay from its initial planned launch date.
- Expedition 65 crew boards International Space Station
After a two-orbit journey that spanned for more than three hours, the hatches between the ISS and the Soyuz opened at 9:20 a.m. ET, flying above the South Pacific.
- 3,000-year-old lost Egyptian city discovered by archaeologists
Archaeologists have discovered a 3,000-year-old “lost golden city” in Egypt — hailed by experts as the most important find since the tomb of Tutankhamun.
- Nevada takes first step to leapfrog Iowa, New Hampshire for first presidential primary
The Nevada Assembly took the first steps this week to establish the state as the new first-in-nation primary and leapfrog Iowa and New Hampshire in the 2024 presidential voting calendar.
- Maryland Gov. Hogan calls Baltimore mayor's plan to reduce police budget 'reckless'
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is calling the Baltimore mayor's plan to establish a task force to help cut the police department budget "reckless."
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw says he'll be 'blind for about a month' after eye surgery
Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, said he underwent emergency surgery Friday for a detached retina in his left eye and will be unable to see as he recovers.
- Pope Francis commends Prince Philip's 'devotion to marriage and family,' public service
Pope Francis praised the late Prince Philip for his devotion to marriage and a life of public service following his death on Friday at age 99.
- St. Vincent awaits new volcanic explosions as help arrives
La Soufriere volcano, which last erupted in 1979, kept rumbling as experts warned that explosive eruptions could continue for days or possibly weeks.
- North Korean education official reportedly executed for 'anti-party activities'
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has reportedly ordered the execution of a top higher education official for “anti-party activities” — after he complained about not receiving support and resources from the government.
- Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
The Colorado animal rights activist accused of plotting to have her estranged husband’s love interest killed is accusing of having a violent past that includes choking their child, holding a knife to the man’s throat and threatening to drive […]
- Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
A Tornado warning has been issued by the National Weather Service (NWS) for Florida's capital of Tallahassee.
- 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes
Maryland police on Friday arrested 11 people in connection to child pornography-related crimes.
- What to Expect When Dining Outon April 10, 2021 at 9:30 am
More and more restaurants are reopening, with masks, long waits and higher prices now part of the dining-out experience as the coronavirus keeps circulating.
- Amazon Vote Deals Blow to Expanding Labor Union Membershipon April 10, 2021 at 9:30 am
Unionization rates are trending down in the private sector, despite an increased focus in Washington.
- Alibaba Hit With Record $2.8 Billion Antitrust Fine in Chinaon April 10, 2021 at 5:22 am
In recent months, the business empire of Alibaba founder Jack Ma has come under increasing regulatory scrutiny.