- Loading stock data...
- 20-year-old who aspired to teach dies of heart attackby Jenese Harris on September 18, 2021 at 8:15 pm
A Pine Island Academy extended day staffer, who aspired to one day become a teacher, has died after suffering a heart attack.
- Volunteers clean up coast for 2021 Florida Coastal Cleanupby Brianna Andrews on September 18, 2021 at 7:06 pm
Instead of sleeping in this morning, volunteers spent Saturday cleaning up Reddie Point Preserve and Hanna Park.The two cleanups in Duval County were in partnership with the Timucuan Parks Foundation as part of the 2021 Florida Coastal […]
- Sunshine and showers take over the weekendby Danielle Uliano on September 18, 2021 at 6:57 pm
This afternoon will be partly cloudy with highs in the mid 80s and increased rain chances.
- How common are alligator attacks?
When Hurricane Ida hit the Gulf Coast state of Louisiana two weeks ago, floodwaters from the storm brought another danger to residents: wildlife.
- More than a third of shark species threatened with extinction
More than a third of the world's sharks and rays are threatened with extinction, according to the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- Los Angeles earthquake measured at 3.0
A 3.0 magnitude earthquake rattled the Los Angeles area Tuesday evening, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Biden admin worried UN meeting could become COVID-19 'superspreader'
The Biden Administration has expressed concern with this year's U.N. General Assembly, saying it has the potential to become a COVID-19 “superspreader event."
- Botched Kabul drone strike latest furor involving Milley, who called the operation 'righteous'
A botched drone strike in Kabul aimed at ISIS-K terrorists, but that the Pentagon admitted on Friday instead killed an aid worker and members of his family including seven children, is the latest furor to involve Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark […]
- State Department confirms 28 US citizens onboard Qatar Airways flight that departed Kabul
The State Department confirmed a Qatar Airways charter flight left Kabul, Afghanistan, on Friday, delivering 28 U.S. citizens and 7 lawful permanent residents to safety.
- French Toast: France torches Australia, US over submarine deal as ambassador recalled
France’s ambassador to Australia described Saturday as a “huge mistake” Australia’s surprise cancellation of a major submarine contract in favor of a U.S. deal, delivering a final protest as the envoy was recalled from the country in an […]
- Pregnant California woman beaten by Taliban has left Afghanistan, Rep. Issa says
A pregnant California woman who was left behind in Afghanistan has safely escaped from the country, a Republican congressman said Friday.
- Third plane out of Afghanistan with Americans on board lands in Doha
A third chartered flight carrying an unspecified number of American citizens as well as other civilians from Afghanistan landed in Qatar on Friday, U.S. special envoy Zalmai Khalilzad confirmed.
- Cops and protesters gather at US Capitol for ‘Justice for J6’ rally
A massive police response mobilized outside a fenced-off US Capitol Saturday morning to greet a group of right-wing protesters who insist their noon demonstration won’t descend into violence.
- Border flooded with hundreds of migrants crossing into Texas
Hundreds of migrants are seen crossing the border into Texas in Del Rio on Saturday, with many of them originally coming from Haiti.
- Gabby Petito: Police spoke to woman who claimed to see Laundrie days after Gabby last seen
North Port police confirm that they spoke to a TikTok user who claimed to have given Brian Laundrie a ride just days after missing woman Gabby Petito was last confirmed seen alive.
- Tequila Bottles Found on New Boeing Air Force One Jeton September 18, 2021 at 7:04 pm
The plane maker is investigating the discovery of two miniature bottles on a U.S. presidential jet that is still under development.
- Hollywood Embraces TikTok Stars for TV, Film Projectson September 18, 2021 at 1:27 pm
With younger audiences glued to their phones, studios are tapping talent minted on social media for leading roles in film and television productions.
- Overtime Can Be Costly, Over Timeon September 18, 2021 at 4:03 am
Amid a shortage of workers, companies are relying on longer shifts—which can deplete the ranks of their existing employees.