- Loading stock data...
- Correcting 4 common misconceptions about drowningby Ashley Harding on May 5, 2021 at 2:05 pm
With warmer summer months ahead, child safety advocates want to inform parents and caregivers that the peak drowning season is officially here.
- ‘I thank God for letting me have him’: Local mom opens up after son’s near drowningby Ashley Harding on May 5, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Sadly, many families on the First Coast have lived through the tragedy of losing a child to drowning. It almost happened to the Harry family in St. Johns County.
- Job Fair next week to fill jobs at Jacksonville International Airportby Jennifer Ready on May 5, 2021 at 2:01 pm
As air travel starts to increase, employers at the airport are looking for help. The upcoming event to fill open positions.
- Trillions of cicadas about to emerge across US
Within days, a couple weeks at most, the cicadas of Brood X (the X is the Roman numeral for 10) will emerge after 17 years underground.
- SpaceX Starlink satellites, not UFOs, spotted in night sky over Washington state: report
It turns out the lights in the night sky over western Washington state on Tuesday weren’t UFOs. Instead, they were SpaceX Starlink satellites, according to a report.
- Hawaii girl, 6, details scary shark encounter: ‘My soul left my body’
A 6-year-old girl from Kailua, Hawaii, had a frightening encounter with a shark over the weekend, according to a report.
- Trump ban: Republicans threaten to break up Facebook after Oversight Board decision
Republican members of Congress will do everything in their power to break up Facebook, Trump's former chief of staff said.
- House Republicans demand answers from CDC on seemingly cozy relationship with teachers unions
EXCLUSIVE: House Republicans are demanding answers from the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on whether new school reopening guidelines were based on politics and Democratic campaign donations rather than coronavirus […]
- Trump supports Elise Stefanik for House GOP conference chair amid Liz Cheney feud: sources
Former President Donald Trump supports Rep. Elise Stefanik to replace Rep. Liz Cheney as the House Republican conference chair, sources close to the former president tell Fox News.
- French reporter kidnapped by jihadist rebels in north Mali
The chief of Reporters Without Borders says that French journalist Olivier Dubois was kidnapped April 8 while working in Mali’s northern city of Gao.
- Germany bans Muslim group over alleged terror donations
The German government on Wednesday banned a Muslim organization that it accused of supporting "terrorism globally with its donations."
- Philippines FM who told China to ‘Get the F--- OUT’ apologizes
Teodoro Loscin, the Philippine foreign minister who took to Twitter to tell China to ‘GET THE F--- OUT’ amid tension over the South China Sea, apologized on Tuesday to his Chinese counterpart after appearing to irk his own president.
- Seattle bar's repeated COVID-19 violations lead to shut down
Public Health – Seattle & King County has suspended the license of a restaurant in Seattle after it says management defied the state’s COVID-19 guidelines.
- Mississippi plane crash: 4 dead after small aircraft strikes home
At least four people were killed when a small plane crashed into a Mississippi home late Tuesday, police said.
- Video released of DC cops allegedly drag racing, crashing
Newly-released body camera footage shows part of an April crash that totaled two Washington DC police cars after they were allegedly drag racing.
- Biden Blocks Trump-Era Gig-Worker Ruleon May 5, 2021 at 2:11 pm
The Labor Department said it is nullifying a rule that sought to make it more difficult for a gig worker to be counted as an employee under federal law covered by federal minimum-wage and overtime regulations.
- Chip Crisis Deepens at Jeep Maker Stellantison May 5, 2021 at 1:56 pm
The auto maker slashed planned production by 11% in the first three months of the year due to the global semiconductor shortage and warned of additional cuts in the weeks ahead as the crisis lingers.
- Facebook Panel Upholds Trump Ban But Orders Reviewon May 5, 2021 at 1:47 pm
The independent panel ruled that the social-media company was justified in banning Donald Trump’s account, but in coming months must decide whether the former president is permanently locked out of the platform.